Sunday, September 9, 2018

Module 2 Post.

While watching the videos I learned alot of new information that I thought I already knew. some of the concepts that I earned was:

  • Baumgaten coined the phrase aesthetics.
  • Most can agree that most all objects or things can be treated beautifully but everyone is subjective so finding a definitive answer to beauty is impossible.
  • Romanticism was the climax of spiritulization 
  • Dionysus the Goddess of wine, had a part in shaping the beginning of music
  • The core of art is mythological
  • No theory of art is possible
  • Aesthetics dates back to ancient Greece.
Which philosopher's theory on aesthetics do you feel is most important? 

        I felt as though Kant's theory in the 18th century was most important because he was the first to bring to peoples attention that you can not put a description on beauty, that every will see and interpret things differently.


What do you think  Ramachandran scientific view of aesthetics and art? 

        I believe that Ramachandrans work is eye opening. To see that our minds are in a way hard wired to like and really gravitate towards certain kinds of art works such as more symmetrical ones is my favorite, most interesting part about the reading.

The videos and articles gave more light to topics brought up in the reading in the textbook such as the view of aesthetics. The first video really went into detail on the starting point of aesthetics and really broke it down and the book tied it all up very nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Media Artist Blog

What is the topic (what artist) of your presentation and why did you select that artist? The artist I chose was Danny Rozin. I selected t...